Good news shell-heads! After a long while, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Collection has been formally announced for release in 2022. Seeking to improve their library of retro games on the Playstation, you’ll be able to play all 13 classic arcade and console games exclusively on the PS4 and PS5 in this awesome collection.
Konami, Sony, Nickelodeon and Digital Eclipse are all working together to bring these retro classics back to life, with improved sound and best of all new features.
This means that the Cowabunga Collection will have the entire PAL and NTSC releases of all 8 bit and 16 bit games, and also the TMNT Arcade games. The collection’s 8 bit Arcade games TMNT II: The Arcade Game, TMNT III: The Manhattan Project and the 16 bit TMNT IV: Turtles in Time and the Hyperstone Heist will also have up to 4-player local and online multiplayer capability.
No self respecting re-release would be complete without much needed modern improvements. Expect to see save states, gameplay rewinds and fresh button mapping to make the arcade classics easier. Extra elements like ingame guides styled as they would be in the 90s are set to be included.
As self confessed arcade lurkers, this collection has us at HitStart particularly excited. It is a real nostalgia trip and we cant wait to get stuck in.
For a full game list in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Collection, just see below:
- TMNT (Arcade)
- TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
- TMNT (NES)
- TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
- TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES)
- TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES)
- TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist (Mega Drive / Genesis)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (Mega Drive / Genesis)
- TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
- TMNT II: Back From the Sewers (Game Boy)
- TMNT III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)
There are plenty of fantastic remasters and retro games available on Playstation right now – in fact we wrote about some of them here already.